Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Songs One Album -Gravy's Gone

GRAVY'S GONE (Old Country)

This is really nice my dear as we set across from each other.
At our dining room table were you always prepare a feast.
But as we set in silence there's one thing we can't deny.
The Gravy's been gone for a long time
You can see the bottom of the glass boat shine
And frankly my dear I don't really mind.
Because our gravy's been gone for a long time.
You don't nag at me for coming home from work late.
And it's been a long time since for me you shaved your legs
And when you got back from shopping your buttons weren't right.
But as we set in silence there's one thing we can't deny.
The Gravy's been gone for a long time
You can see the bottom of the glass boat shine
And frankly my dear I don't really mind.
Because our gravy's been gone for a long time.
The kids are all gone and the dog almost too.
And I think with this dinner were almost through
I miss when we use to at least argue.
But as we sit in silence there's one thing we can't deny
The Gravy's been gone for a long time
You can see the bottom of the glass boat shine
And frankly my dear I don't really mind.
Because our gravy's been gone for a long time.
As we sit in silence there's one thing we can't deny
Our Gravy's been gone for a long time
Our Gravy's been gone for a long time. 

No comments: